Estimated Costs listed above are for Fall 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Fall programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition - See course descriptions in brochure
- Shared housing in ISI contracted apartments (utilities & Wi-Fi included)
- Airport Pick up in Florence
- 2-day orientation program with field trips
- Semester Permit of Stay (Permesso di Soggiorno)
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates.
Not included billable fees:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- Passport fees and Italian Student Visa
- Local Transportation
- Course materials
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance beyond the program dates
- Optional trips and Cultural Activities
Additional Fees students might incur:
- The cost of Optional trips and Cultural Activities organized by Palazzo Rucellai will be paid directly to Palazzo Rucellai by the participants.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online January, 2018, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving Florence (FLR). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- The estimated cost ‘Other’ includes the estimated cost of the Italian student visa.
- Estimated cost of Non-billable meals is based on approximately 12 euros per day and assumes most meals are prepared in the student residence.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change