Cost listed above is estimated for Fall 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Fall programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- 17 credits and instruction – See course options listed on brochure
- Double occupancy in hostel in Venice
- Double or triple occupancy during study tours
- Two overnight study tours (destinations and duration of tours to be determined)
- Ground and air transportation to cultural sites and study tours
- Italian language immersion course
- Some meals
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates.
Not included in Billable Fees:
- Most meals
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- International Airfare
- Passport fees
- Health and emergency insurance coverage beyond program dates
- Immunizations for the area of travel. Note, the cost of immunization will differ with each individual and has not been included in this budget.
- Italian Permit to Stay
- Consulate Visa Fee
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online February, 2018, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving Venice (VCE). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- The estimated cost for the Italian Permit to Stay and the Consulate Fee for a visa is noted as “Other”.
- Estimated cost of Non-billable meals is based on approximately 20 euros per day and assumes most meals are prepared in the student residence.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change