Costs listed above are estimated for January Term 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For January Term programs, the following schedule applies:
Tuition and Program Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Lodgings at local camps, nature centers and hotels
- Daily Breakfasts
- Most meals
- Ground Transportation during program related events
- Entry fees to program-related site visits
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
- International airfare
- Airport transfers (transfers between your home and/or hotel and airports)
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- Some meals
- Phone Service
- Passport and visa fees
- Course materials
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated non-billable airfare listed above is based on fares provided online July, 2017, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving Belize City (BZE). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of Non-billable meals is based on a daily average of $9.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change.