Costs listed above are for January Term 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For January Term programs, the following schedule applies:
Tuition and Program Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Double Occupancy in hotels including daily breakfasts
- Most Lunches and Dinners while on site
- Ground Transportation during field trips
- Admission fees to cultural and historical sites
- Ferries or water taxis to Nevis
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates
- Round-Trip airfare to program destination
- Airport transfers (transfers between your home and/or hotel and airports)
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- Phone Service
- Passport and visa fees
- Course materials
- Health and Emergency insurance coverage beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated non-billable airfare listed above is based on fares provided online July, 2017, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving St Kitts (SKB). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing. Program Director will tell you which flights to book.
- Estimated cost of Non-billable meals to cover the cost of 2 lunches and 2 dinners while on site, plus any meals during travel en route to and from St Kitts.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change.