Costs listed above are for January Term 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For January Term programs, the following schedule applies:
Tuition and Program Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Double or Triple Occupancy in hostel
- Daily Breakfasts
- Two Group Dinners
- Four Group Lunches
- Metro Passes
- Entry fees to program-related cultural and historical site visits
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates
- International airfare
- Airport transfers (transfers between your home and/or hostel and airports)
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- Most meals
- Internet and Phone Service
- Passport and visa fees
- Course materials
- Health and Emergency insurance coverage beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated non-billable airfare listed above is based on round-trip fares provided online June, 2017, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving Paris (CDG). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of Non-billable meals is based on a daily average of 40 euros per day.
- The estimated cost listed as local transportation is the cost of airport/hostel transfers.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change.