|Costs listed above are for January Term 2019.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for billable study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the policies found at http://educationabroad.virginia.edu/forms-policies. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For January Term programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
Note regarding group meals:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Double Occupancy in hotels
- Daily Breakfasts
- Two Group Dinners
- Two Group Lunches
- Airfare Hong Kong to Singapore
- Ground Transportation during program related events
- Entry fees to program-related cultural and historical site visits
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates.
Every effort will be made to accommodate dietary restrictions during group meals; however, all countries have distinct cuisines along with food preparation techniques, and it is not always possible to address specific food concerns and meet needs. Program participants are responsible for ensuring their needs can be met for their chosen program itinerary.
Non-billable, Estimated Expenses
Non-billable items posted above are estimates of expenses you should expect to incur to participate in this program. These expenses will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- International airfare
- Airport transfers (transfers between your home and/or hotels and airports)
- Most meals
- Internet and Phone Service
Other Considerations: Some possible costs are not included in this budget, may not be applicable to all students, and will differ by individual if applicable. These may include but are not limited to:
- The estimated non-billable airfare listed above is based on fares provided online May, 2018, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving Hong Kong (HKG) and returning to IAD from Singapore(SIN). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of Non-billable meals is based on a daily average of $43 per day.
- The estimated cost listed as local transportation is the cost of airport/hotel transfers.
- The estimated cost listed as personal expenses includes, laundry, internet, and/or phone service
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program,
- Immunizations for the area of travel
- Visa fees (non-US citizens) – Visa fees and regulations are subject to change
- Passport fees
- Health and emergency coverage with CISI beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.