|Costs listed above are for January 2019
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for billable study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the policies found at http://educationabroad.virginia.edu/forms-policies . In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For January Term programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Shared rooms in Delhi, Mumbai, and Dubai
- Daily Breakfasts
- Some lunches and dinners
- Ground transportation to study sites
- Entry fees to study sites
- Meeting room space for discussion and class
- Intra-program flights from Delhi to Mumbai and from Mumbai to Dubai
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates
Note regarding group meals:
Every effort will be made to accommodate dietary restrictions during group meals; however, all countries have distinct cuisines along with food preparation techniques, and it is not always possible to address specific food concerns and meet needs. Program participants are responsible for ensuring their needs can be met for their chosen program itinerary.
Non-Billable, Estimated Expenses:
- International Airfare
- Most lunches and dinners
- Internet and phone service
- E-Visa (Indian visa is required for US citizens)
- Immunizations for the region of travel
Non-billable items posted above are estimates of expenses you should expect to incur to participate in this program. These expenses will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in June, 2018, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving in Delhi (DEL) and return from Dubai (DXB) to Dulles (IAD). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes moderate restaurants with an average of approximately $27 per day; local transportation is the estimated cost of cab use on own. Other is the cost of the Indian E-visa ($75) + any costs for immunization.
Other Considerations: Some possible costs are not included in this budget, may not be applicable to all students, and will differ by individual if applicable. These may include but are not limited to:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program,
- Visa fees (non-US citizens) – Visa fees and regulations are subject to change
- Passport fees
- Immunizations (any recommended immunization by the travel clinic or a physician)
- Health and emergency coverage with CISI beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the
education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.