|Costs listed above are for January 2019
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for billable study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the policies found at http://educationabroad.virginia.edu/forms-policies . In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For January Term programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Shared occupancy in campus housing in Accra and hotels in Cape Coast and Kumasi
- Daily Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- Ground transportation to and from University of Ghana campus and outside of Accra for program-related excursions
- Entry fees to program-related course site visits and applicable guide assistance
- Transportation to and from campus housing from Accra airport based on most common arrival and departure time
- Visa Processing**: The ISO to assist and cover cost of Ghana visa processing
- Transportation to and from health clinic in DMV region for Yellow Fever Vaccination
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change.
Note regarding group meals:
Every effort will be made to accommodate dietary restrictions during group meals; however, all countries have distinct cuisines along with food preparation techniques, and it is not always possible to address specific food concerns and meet needs. Program participants are responsible for ensuring their needs can be met for their chosen program itinerary.
Non-Billable, Estimated Expenses:
- International Airfare from USA to Accra, Ghana
- Yellow Fever Vaccine (required for entry into Ghana) – There is currently a nationwide shortage of the yellow fever vaccine. The cost presented above is simply an estimate based on availability. yell
- International Phone Service
- Course materials
- Personal expenses onsite
Non-billable items posted above are estimates of expenses you should expect to incur to participate in this program. These expenses will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in August, 2018, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving Accra (ACC). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes meals on travel days at $25 per day
Other Considerations: Some possible costs are not included in this budget, may not be applicable to all students, and will differ by individual if applicable. These may include but are not limited to:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program,
- Visa fees (non-US citizens) – Visa fees and regulations are subject to change
- Passport fees
- Health and emergency coverage with CISI beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the
education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.