In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment
|Costs listed above are for Spring 2019
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for billable study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the policies found at http://educationabroad.virginia.edu/forms-policies . In some cases, there will be no refund available
For Spring Embedded programs, the following schedule applies:
- 100% of billable tuition and program fees due 30 days prior to program start date
- Billable Program Fees, Billable Airfare, and the Non-refundable Deposit listed above are in addition to regular on-grounds tuition and fees and will appear in your SIS account as separate line items SON Global Program Fees, SON Global Airfare, and SON Global NonRefund Deposit.
- 100% of billable airfare due 10 days from date of registration (Billable airfare is Non-Refundable)
- Payment information is available http://sfs.virginia.edu/finances
- No term statement is issued for students studying abroad
Billable Fees* include:
Note regarding group meals:
- Accommodations in the Refuge Hostel
- Daily meals while in-country
- Unlimited water
- Ground transportation during field trips
- Round-trip flight between Dulles International and Roatan
- Program T-shirt
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates.
Every effort will be made to accommodate dietary restrictions during group meals; however, all countries have distinct cuisines along with food preparation techniques, and it is not always possible to address specific food concerns and to meet dietary needs. Program participants are responsible for ensuring their dietary needs can be met for their chosen program itinerary.
Non-Billable, Estimated Expenses:
- Meals while en route to/from program destination
- Internet and Phone Service
- Course materials
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- Estimated cost of Non-billable meals refers to meals purchased while traveling to and returning from Roatan.
- The non-billable category Other is the estimated cost of anti-malarial prescriptions.
Other Considerations: Some possible costs are not included in this budget, may not be applicable to all students, and will differ by individual if applicable. These may include but are not limited to:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program,
- Additional immunizations for the area of travel,
- Additional visa fees (non-US citizens) – Visa fees and regulations are subject to change
- Passport fees
- Health and emergency coverage with CISI beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.