|Costs listed above are for Spring 2019
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the policies found at http://educationabroad.virginia.edu/forms-policies. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Spring Embedded programs, the following schedule applies:
- 100% of billable tuition and program fees due 30 days prior to program start date
- 100% of billable airfare due 10 days from date of registration (Billable airfare embedded into the program is Non-Refundable; students withdrawing after ticketing will be billed the full cost of airfare = to $700)
- Billable Program Fees, Billable Airfare, and the Non-refundable Deposit listed above are in addition to regular on-grounds tuition and fees and will appear in your SIS account as separate line items: Res. College-Global Prog Fees and Res.College-Global Non Ref Dep.
- Payment information is available http://sfs.virginia.edu/finances
- No term statement is issued for students studying abroad
Billable Fees* include:
- International Airfare: Roundtrip economy class International airfare from Dulles to London Heathrow (LHR) including tax and fuel surcharges. Group airfare has been booked by UVA and seats are currently held
- Shared occupancy in hotel in Oxford and serviced apartment in London
- Daily breakfasts at hotel in Oxford. Breakfast not included in London apartments
- Lunches and Dinners in Oxford & London on all days except for one free day
- Roundtrip transportation between Charlottesville and Dulles
- Ground transportation during program related events and for transfers to and from Oxford
- Metro passes in London with GBP 30 credit
- Entry fees to program-related course site visits
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates
Note regarding group meals:
Every effort will be made to accommodate dietary restrictions during group meals; however, all countries have distinct cuisines along with food preparation techniques, and it is not always possible to address specific food concerns and meet needs. Program participants are responsible for ensuring their needs can be met for their chosen program itinerary.
Non-Billable, Estimated Expenses:
- Breakfast in London and lunches and dinners on free day
- International phone service
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes approximately $160 covering breakfast in London and lunch, and dinner on the free day in London.
Other Considerations: Some possible costs are not included in this budget, may not be applicable to all students, and will differ by individual if applicable. These may include but are not limited to:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- Immunizations for the area of travel,
- Visa fees (non-US citizens) – Visa fees and regulations are subject to change
- Passport fees
- Health and emergency coverage with CISI beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the
education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.