|Costs listed above are for Spring 2019
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the policies found at http://educationabroad.virginia.edu/forms-policies. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Spring Embedded programs, the following schedule applies:
- 100% of billable tuition and program fees due 30 days prior to program start date
- Billable Program Fees and the Non-refundable Deposit listed above are in addition to regular on-grounds tuition and fees and will appear in your SIS account as separate line items
- Payment information is available http://sfs.virginia.edu/finances
- No term statement is issued for students studying abroad
Billable Fees* include:
- Shared occupancy at hotels in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and at Bedouin campsite
- Daily breakfasts
- Some group lunches and dinners
- Ground transportation related to program itinerary in Israel (bottled water provided on the coach)
- Entry fees during program activities
- Tour guide assistance provided throughout the program
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates
Note regarding group meals:
Every effort will be made to accommodate dietary restrictions during group meals; however, all countries have distinct cuisines along with food preparation techniques, and it is not always possible to address specific food concerns and meet needs. Program participants are responsible for ensuring their needs can be met for their chosen program itinerary.
Non-Billable, Estimated Expenses:
- Roundtrip International airfare to Tel Aviv
- Transportation to and from US departure airport
- Airport transfers to and from Tel Aviv airport (departure and arrival transfers)
- Most lunches and dinners
- International Phone Service
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in September 2018 with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving in Tel Aviv (TLV). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes moderate restaurants with an average of approximately $25 per day.
- Local transportation is the estimated cost of airport transfers from Tel Aviv airport to Jerusalem and from the hotel in Tel Aviv to the Tel Aviv airport
- Other is the estimated cost of expenses from Charlottesville to Dulles and vice versa
Other Considerations: Some possible costs are not included in this budget, may not be applicable to all students, and will differ by individual if applicable. These may include but are not limited to:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program,
- Immunizations for the area of travel,
- Visa fees (non-US citizens) – Visa fees and regulations are subject to change
- Passport fees
- Health and emergency coverage with CISI beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the
education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
|In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.