Costs listed above are for Summer 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Shared housing in University College undergraduate rooms
- Breakfast daily
- Dinners Monday through Thursday
- Pre-program reception and buffet diner
- Two High Table banquets per session
- Two excursions per session (Hampton Court/Globe Theater or Warwick Castle/Stratford-on-Avon; Stonehenge/Salisbury Cathedral or Blenheim Palace/Avebury)
- Access to the University library system
- Property and liability insurance coverage
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
Not included in billable fees:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- International Airfare
- Non-program excursions or extra-curricular activities
- Dinners Friday through Sunday
- Course materials
- Phone service
- Immunizations for the area of travel. Note, the cost of immunization will differ with each individual and has not been included in this budget.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in November, 2017, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving London (LHR). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes modest restaurant meals.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change: Program participants are responsible for reviewing and understanding visa requirements for their chosen destination.