Costs listed above are for Summer 2019.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for billable study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the policies found at http://educationabroad.virginia.edu/forms-policies . In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Full room and board including laundry
- Internet access with host family
- Local Public Transportation (bus/metro)
- Gym membership
- UVA Transcript
- On-site student support
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
Note regarding meals provided by host family:
Every effort will be made to accommodate dietary restrictions; however, all countries have distinct cuisines along with food preparation techniques, and it is not always possible to address specific food concerns and to meet dietary needs. Program participants are responsible for ensuring their dietary needs can be met for their chosen program itinerary.
Non-billable, Estimated Expenses:
Non-billable items posted above and described below are estimates of expenses you should expect to incur to participate in this program. These expenses will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures. The cost of airfare will differ if you are not participating in the group flight.
- Airfare – see note below
- International Phone service
- Meals - estimated cost for snacks and meals while away from your host family
- Visa fees
- Course materials
- The airfare listed above is the estimated cost of the optional round-trip flight between the U.S. point of departure and the destination airport in Spain. Ground transportation from the airport in Spain to Valencia is included in this fare. During the application process, participants will have the opportunity to choose the program-provided flight. If students choose to participate, the cost of the optional airfare will be billed through SIS. Airfare provided by the program is due upon billing and is non-refundable. Availability for group seating is limited; seats will be released on a first come, first served basis. Students who do not choose to fly with the group, or are unable to secure a seat with the group due to availability, will be responsible for their own international transportation.
Other Expenses to consider:
There are possible costs that have not been included in this budget because they may not be applicable to all students, and will differ by individual if applicable. These may include but are not limited to:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- Immunizations for the area of travel
- Visa fees (non-U.S. citizens) Visa fees and regulations are subject to change
- Passport fees
- Medical and emergency insurance coverage beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.