Costs listed above are for Summer 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Full room and board including laundry
- Internet access with host family
- Local Public Transportation (bus/metro)
- Gym membership
- UVA Transcript
- On-site student support
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
Not included in Billable fees:
- Personal travel and cultural/educational excursions beyond the scope of the program
- Airfare – see note below
- Passport and Visa fees
- Course materials
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The airfare listed above is the estimated cost of the optional round-trip flight between the U.S. point of departure and the destination airport in Spain. Ground transportation from the airport in Spain to Valencia is included in this fare. During the application process, participants will have the opportunity to choose the program-provided flight. If students choose to participate, the cost of the optional airfare will be billed through SIS. Airfare provided by the program is due upon billing and is non-refundable. There is limited availability for the group flight seating; seats will be released on a first come, first served basis. Students who do not choose to fly with the group, or are unable to secure a seat with the group due to availability, will be responsible for their own international transportation.
- The estimated cost of Non-billable meals is for snacks and meals taken while away from your host family.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change