Costs listed above are Estimated for Summer 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Room and board at the Gerace Research Center
- Roundtrip airfare between Nassau and San Salvador, Bahamas
- Ground transportation for program related field trips.
- Course materials
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
Not included in billable fees:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- Round-trip Airfare between U.S. departure airport and Nassau
- Non-program excursions or extra-curricular activities
- Passport (passports are required for travel to the Bahamas)
- Phone service
- Immunizations for the area of travel. Note, the cost of immunization will differ with each individual and has not been included in this budget.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on round-trip fares provided online in December, 2017, with departure from Charlottesville Airport (CHO) and arriving Nassau, Bahamas (NAS). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- The date and time of the Nassau / San Salvador flights will be provided after commitment to the program. Students are responsible for arranging their flight to and from Nassau to coincide with the group flight.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change: Program participants are responsible for reviewing and understanding visa requirements for their chosen destination.