Costs listed above are for Summer 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
NOTE: Tuition charges posted to SIS accounts for Students selecting the 4-credit course will be $1,452.00 for in-state students and $1,852.00 for out-of-state students. The total billable due for the 4-credit option is $4,784.00 for Virginia residents and $5,184.00 for non-Virginia residents.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Triple occupancy in Reid Hall in Regent's University
- Daily meal credit of 10 pounds for use in Reid Hall
- Theater tickets for 4 performances
- Full use of the University's tennis courts, exercise room, basketball court, soccer pitch, library, art gallery, computer services, and dining hall
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
Not included in billable fees:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program.
- International Airfare
- Passport fees
- Internet and phone service
- Course materials
- Immunizations for the area of travel. Note, the cost of immunization will differ with each individual and has not been included in this budget.
- Health and Emergency insurance coverage beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in September, 2017, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving London (LHR). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes moderate restaurants and is based on approximately 23 pounds per day; local transportation is the estimated cost of airport transfers in London.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.