Costs listed above are for Summer 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Shared rooms in Casa San Bastiano
- Bed linens, changed weekly
- Weekly room cleaning
- Daily Breakfasts
- Dinner Monday through Friday
- Ground transportation to study sites
- Entry fees to study sites
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
Not included in billable fees:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program.
- International Airfare
- Dinners on Saturday and Sunday evenings
- Passport and Visa Fees
- Internet and phone service
- Course materials
- Immunizations for the area of travel. Note, the cost of immunization will differ with each individual and has not been included in this budget.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in October, 2017, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving Venice (VCE). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes moderate restaurants with an average of approximately 13 euros per day; local transportation is the estimated cost of airport transfers between Venice and Vicenza.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.