Costs listed above are for Summer 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Lodging in student residences
- Cultural exploration activities program
- Placement in internship
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
Not included in billable fees:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- Transportation from Charlottesville to international airport in USA
- Passport Fees and applicable visa processing
- International Airfare from USA to Ireland
- Breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and other meals taken on own
- Laundry at the residences
- Internet and phone service for your mobile devices
- Course materials
- Local Transportation – transport to internship sites will be approx. EUR 100 per month
- Immunizations for the area of travel. Note, the cost of immunization will differ with each individual and has not been included in this budget.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in December, 2017, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving in Dublin (DUB) and returning from Dublin (DUB) to Dulles (IAD). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes moderate restaurants and students purchasing their own groceries with an average of approximately US $20 per day.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.