Costs listed above are for Summer 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
100% of billable tuition and program fees due 30 days prior to program start date
Payment information is available http://sfs.virginia.edu/finances
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Accommodations in shared rooms in hostels
- Breakfast daily
- Kitchen facilities available in hostel for self catering
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
Not included in billable fees:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- International Airfare
- Non-program excursions or extra-curricular activities
- Most meals
- Course materials
- Phone service
- Immunizations for the area of travel. Note, the cost of immunization will differ with each individual and has not been included in this budget.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in December, 2017, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving Brussels (BRU). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals is based on approximately 26 euros a day and assumes modest restaurant meals or meals prepared in kitchens available in the hostels.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
**Visa fees and regulations are subject to change: Program participants are responsible for reviewing and understanding visa requirements for their chosen destination.