Cost listed above is the estimate for summer 2017.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
Tuition and Program Fees* Include:
- 6 credits and instruction
- On-site public transit costs, train fare between cities, classroom space, and cultural tours (including entrances to museums)
- Some meals
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online December, 2016, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) to Prague (PRG) and returning to IAD from Basel (BSL). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program.
- Passport and visa fees
- Immunizations for the area of travel. Note, the cost of immunization will differ with each individual and has not been included in this budget.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.