|Costs listed above are for Summer 2018.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy. In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Shared occupancy at hotels in London, Zurich, and Frankfurt with daily breakfast included
- One group lunch and two group dinners
- Public transportation passes in London, Zurich, and Frankfurt
- Entry fees to study sites related to the program itinerary
- Group economy class airfare from London to Zurich (one way)
- Group economy class train ticket from Zurich to Frankfurt (one way)
- Roundtrip train ticket for day trip to Heidelberg from Frankfurt
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates
Not included in billable fees:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program
- Transportation from Charlottesville to international airport in USA
- International Airfare from USA to Europe
- Lunches, dinners, and other meals taken on own
- Passport and Visa Fees
- Laundry at the hotels
- Internet and phone service for your mobile devices
- Course materials
- Immunizations for the area of travel. Note, the cost of immunization will differ with each individual and has not been included in this budget.
- Health and emergency insurance coverage beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the education abroad destination is interrupted or in the event itinerary changes become necessary.
Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
- The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in November, 2017, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) arriving London (LHR) and returning from Frankfurt (FRA) to Dulles (IAD). Both routes take into account a connection in Reykjavik (KEF), Iceland. This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
- Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes moderate restaurants with an average of approximately US $38 per day. Local transportation takes into account the cost of transfer from Frankfurt hotel to airport
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.