|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2019||01-NOV-2018 **||Rolling Admission||01-FEB-2019||18-MAY-2019|
|Year||2019-2020||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Semester||2019||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Class Status:||2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||2.5|
|Language Requirement:||2000 level||Open to Non-UVa Students:||No|
|Housing:||Homestay||Language Courses Offered:||Yes|
|Language of Instruction:||Russian||Credit Type:||Transfer Credit|
|Program Type:||Island||Tuition Payments Made To:||Program Provider|
|Education Abroad Advisor:||Margaret Walter||Application Fee:||Yes|
|Study Abroad Administrative Fee:||Yes||Subject Area:||Cultural Studies, Political Science, Russian|
CIEE Russian Language Program in St. Petersburg, Russia
Did you know that about 170 million people speak Russian as a first language, and it's the second language of another 100 million? It's a challenging language to learn, but CIEE's Russian Language program will get you there – fast. Via rigorous coursework, homestays with local families, peer language partners, field trips and excursions, other extracurricular activities, and volunteering, you'll improve your command of Russian in and around one of the world's most culturally and historically rich cities.
Study abroad in St. Petersburg and you'll:
- Take part in the longest-running study abroad program in Russia in magnificent St. Petersburg where the entire downtown is a protected UNESCO World Heritage site
- Live with a local Russian host family for maximum linguistic and cultural immersion
- Participate in optional volunteering projects and have the option to participate in the CIEE Alternative Break volunteer trip, all organized through a well-developed network of contacts St. Petersburg and other Russian cities that facilitate integration into Russian society
- Participate in local excursions, field trips to Moscow, Kazan or Pskov, and exclusive tours and performances
- Become a member of a unique alumni network of remarkable individuals who have studied in St. Petersburg since the opening of the Study Center in 1967
The U.S. Department of State Travel Advisory for Russia is Level 3 – Reconsider Travel. Consult
iso.virginia.edu/travel-alerts-notices-warnings and travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html for details.
Per the Policy on Student International Travel applicants must submit a petition for an exemption to the Policy as part of their application.