Sweet Briar College: France: Paris
Paris, France (Education Abroad Programs Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Sweet Briar College|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2019||01-NOV-2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Year||2019-2020||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Semester||2019||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Class Status:||2nd year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||3.0|
|Language Requirement:||3000 level||Open to Non-UVa Students:||No|
|Housing:||Homestay||Language Courses Offered:||Yes|
|Language of Instruction:||French||Credit Type:||Transfer Credit|
|Program Type:||Direct Enrollment at foreign institution, Internship||Tuition Payments Made To:||Program Provider|
|Education Abroad Advisor:||Martha Sadler||Application Fee:||Yes|
|Study Abroad Administrative Fee:||Yes||Subject Area:||African-American & African Studies, American Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Art - Art History, Art - Studio Art, Asian Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Classics, Commerce, Communications, Computer Science, Dance, Economics, Environmental Sciences, European Studies, Film Studies, Foreign Affairs, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Internship, Italian, Latin, Linguistics, Mathematics & Statistics, Media Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, Music, Neuroscience, Other Languages & Literatures, Philosophy, Photography, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology, Spanish, Theater, Women, Gender & Sexuality|
The oldest coeducational intercollegiate study abroad program in Paris!
The Sweet Briar College, JYF Program in Paris is dedicated to helping students enhance their French language proficiency and gain intercultural competency through direct enrollment in Paris universities, immersion in French family life and supportive advising and guided reflection.
- A combination of direct enrollment at one of four Paris universities (III, IV, VII, and Dauphine), other insitutions, workshops and studios as well as our in-house courses.
- French-only courses except business courses in English or French at Paris Dauphine University.
- Course options in a wide variety of disciplines in the social sciences, natural sciences, humanities, arts, economics, and business.
- In-depth orientation including practical training in French composition, translation and conversation and cultural activities and excursions.
- Individualized advising: JYF staff provide individualized assistance to students in planning their academic calendar and living arrangements.
- Special tutorial sessions are also available for designated classes during the semester.
- Internships (spring semester only): Credit-bearing internships are available in a variety of sectors and industries in Paris.
- Volunteer Teaching Assistantships in French schools.
- Cultural activities and excursions in Paris and France.
- Carefully selected host families.
- Independent living option available.
The JYF in Paris program is open to undergraduate students at American or Canadian colleges, both men and women, in good standing who meet the requirements in French.
- Successful completion of one course beyond intermediate college-level French (or equivalent) required before arrival.
- A 3.0 GPA average, both overall and in college French courses.
- Enrollment in a French class the semester prior to departure is strongly recommended.
Students who do not meet all of these requirements may still be accepted upon strong recommendations from their French professors and college administrators.
- Year & fall-semester: March 15
- Spring: October 15
- Moderate and comprehensive fee including tuition, registration in Paris institutions, group excursions, theater and museum fees related to courses, room & board (7 breakfasts, 6 dinners/week) and comprehensive health insurance.
- Generous scholarships and financial aid.
Find out more at jyf.sbc.edu
JYF in Paris
Sweet Briar College
Sweet Briar, VA 24595
Like and Follow Us!