|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Temple University|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2019||01-NOV-2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Year||2019-2020||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Semester||2019||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Class Status:||3rd year, 4th year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||2.75|
|Language Requirement:||none||Open to Non-UVa Students:||No|
|Housing:||Apartment, Homestay||Language Courses Offered:||Yes|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Credit Type:||Transfer Credit|
|Program Type:||Internship, Island||Tuition Payments Made To:||Program Provider|
|Education Abroad Advisor:||Liz Wellbeloved||Application Fee:||Yes|
|Study Abroad Administrative Fee:||Yes||Subject Area:||Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Art - Art History, Art - Studio Art, Classics, Commerce, English Language and Literature, Geography, History, Internship, Italian, Sociology|
Four academic program tracks are offered each semester at Temple Rome. Below you will find information about each program track, including a list of courses offered.
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- Art History
- Geography and Urban Studies
- Political Science
- Digital Imaging
- Figure Modeling
Eligibility is limited to students who:
- will be at least 19 years old by the starting date of study at Temple Rome.
- are currently enrolled as full-time, matriculated students and will have completed at least two years of college-level study with a satisfactory scholastic average (minimum 2.75 cumulative average on a 4.0 scale from all colleges/universities attended).
- intend a full-time program of study at Temple University Rome and will be applying credits earned towards a degree.
- are in good academic and disciplinary standing; students on academic or disciplinary probation or warning may not participate.
Students will be selected mainly on the basis of their intellectual purpose and emotional maturity.
We welcome the participation of qualified students from all U.S. colleges and universities.
Once accepted, we provide you with detailed pre-departure materials designed to guide you in preparing yourself for your time in Rome.
Pre-departure materials include:
Course registration materials
Passport information and visa application instructions
Travel and arrival information
Health and safety information
Billing document, containing confirmed tuition and program fees, and payment policies
A pre-departure orientation program is conducted on Temple's Main Campus in Philadelphia by program administrators and former Rome students and faculty. An on-site orientation takes place during the first week of the program in Rome.
Housing options include:
- Program-arranged apartments
- Program-arranged homestays available for selected students, with priority given to those with prior study of the Italian language
- Independent housing
For information about housing options, visit the Temple Rome Housing page.
Fall Semester or Academic Year - April 1
Spring Semester - October 1
Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses
200 Tuttleman Learning Center
1809 N. 13th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Please visit the Temple University webpage for program details.