|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Spanish Studies Abroad|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2019||01-NOV-2018 **||Rolling Admission||18-JAN-2019||01-JUN-2019|
|NOTE: The program will run from mid-January to early-June.|
|Year||2019-2020||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Semester||2019||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Class Status:||1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||3.0|
|Language Requirement:||3000 level||Open to Non-UVa Students:||No|
|Housing:||Homestay, University dormitory||Language Courses Offered:||Yes|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Credit Type:||Transfer Credit|
|Program Type:||Direct Enrollment at foreign institution||Tuition Payments Made To:||Program Provider|
|Education Abroad Advisor:||Liz Wellbeloved||Application Fee:||Yes|
|Study Abroad Administrative Fee:||Yes||Subject Area:||Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Art - Art History, Art - Studio Art, Astronomy, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Classics, Commerce, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Cultural Studies, Dance, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Film Studies, Foreign Affairs, French, Geography, Geology, German, Global Studies, Greek, History, Italian, Latin American Studies, Law, Mathematics & Statistics, Media Studies, Music, Other Languages & Literatures, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Medical, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology, Spanish, Theater, Urban Studies, Women, Gender & Sexuality|
Integrated Studies Program - Seville, Spain
Live the sevillano lifestyle while earning course-credit through Spanish Studies Abroad's semester programs. Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco.
The Integrated Studies Program - Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide
Students in the Integrated Studies Program take the majority of their courses alongside Spanish students at one or two local universities: Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide. Through a specially-designed culture course and intensive language program, you are guided through the process of studying abroad at a foreign institution, so that you may more fully integrate into the sevilllano culture. Spanish Studies in Seville also houses the Spanish Studies program, which is known for its rigorous academic curriculum and attention to the study abroad student's immersion experience.
Integrated Studies Program Highllights
- Intensive Language Period, designed to prepare you for living and studying in Spain
- Guided direct enrollment
- Tutoring and support from our Center in Seville
- Wide array of courses offered through Universidad de Sevilla and Universidad Pablo de Olavide
- Independent Research Projects
- Speaking partners with native speakers
TRAVEL THE LAND...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada and the Alhambra, Ronda, La Rábida Monastery and the beach, Córdoba and the Great Mosque, Itálica, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Spanish Studies Abroad-designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Monthly fiestas for American and Spanish students at the Center in Seville
- Sevillanas dance classes and citywide festivals, such as Feria, Spain's largest folkloric festival
- Internships, service learning projects, and volunteer opportunities
- Homestays with local families or housing in student residence halls with Spanish students
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
With over 40 years of academic excellence in Spanish studies, Spanish Studies Abroad offers advanced Spanish language students the opportunity to take classes alongside local students while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad programming.
The goal of the Integrated Spanish Studies with Local Students program is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture both on campus and in the city, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. A unique intensive period at the Center in Seville prepares you for the challenges of studying in a foreign university. The Center also provides you with many available resources to help you navigate through your experience.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad staff, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the Center.
- Successful completion of two semesters of advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent; or heritage speaker
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework