|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Class Status:||3rd year, 4th year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||3.7|
|Language Requirement:||none||Open to Non-UVa Students:||No|
|Housing:||Off-campus||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Credit Type:||Transfer Credit||Program Type:||Direct Enrollment at foreign institution|
|Tuition Payments Made To:||Host Institution||Advising Appointment Required:||Yes|
|Education Abroad Advisor:||Kathleen McLaren-Hawking||Application Fee:||Yes|
|Study Abroad Administrative Fee:||Yes||Subject Area:||Anthropology, Asian Studies, Biology, Economics, English Language and Literature, Geography, History, Middle Eastern Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, Religious Studies, Sociology|
Mansfield College, University of Oxford
- Oxford's smallest college and a supportive, friendly community
- A progressive atmosphere that combines modern thinking with student traditions
- A central location in the city with easy access to shopping, University buildings and many other colleges
- Students who are involved in University political life; the Junior Common Room meets every other week to discuss various issues
- The JCR also sponsors a range of music, parties and dances
- Shared facilities and fields for most sports
- Each Visiting Student will study two tutorial courses per term. The Primary course shall be for eight tutorial meetings and the Secondary course shall be for four tutorial meetings. This course load shall enable the Visiting Students to earn the equivalent of twelve credits each term. Visiting Students will be expected to complete three full terms at Oxford, a period which corresponds to a full academic year at Virginia. In addition to tutorials, Visiting Students are encouraged to attend lectures, seminars and relevant classes.
- Visiting Students will normally be permitted to study tutorial subjects in the following areas: Economics, English, Geography, History, Human Sciences (Anthropology, Biology, Sociology, etc.), Oriental Studies (Middle Eastern Languages & Cultures), Philosophy, Politics, and Theology. All Virginia students will be encouraged to apply especially those in the academic areas of English, History and Politics as well as students in the International Residential College.
- Tutorial Subjects
Mansfield College shall provide off-site accommodations with single study bedrooms for Visiting Students. Visiting Students will have access to an equipped kitchen and will have full access to the dining hall at Mansfield College. Accommodations for Visiting Students will be provided by Mansfield College at no additional charge during term breaks. The purchase of meals in Mansfield College’s dining hall in not compulsory.
IRC Scholarship: The International Residential College (IRC) of UVA will also award scholarship of up to $2000 for an IRC student who would return back to IRC after their Oxford year. Contact Prof. Eric Loth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.