Dakar Institute of African Studies
Dakar, Senegal (Education Abroad Programs Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer II||2019||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||26-JUN-2019||01-AUG-2019|
|Summer I||2019||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||15-MAY-2019||20-JUN-2019|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Class Status:||2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||2.5|
|Open to Non-UVa Students:||No||Housing:||Homestay|
|Language Courses Offered:||Yes||Language of Instruction:||English, French|
|Credit Type:||Transfer Credit||Program Type:||Internship, Island|
|Tuition Payments Made To:||Program Provider||Education Abroad Advisor:||Margaret Walter|
|Application Fee:||Yes||Study Abroad Administrative Fee:||Yes|
|Subject Area:||African-American & African Studies, French|
Are you interested in Study Abroad in Senegal?
Our program offers:
- An unforgettable experience in the dynamic and culturally rich Dakar.
- Courses from knowledgeable U.S. based university professors specialized in different areas of African Studies.
- Field trips to cultural heritage sites around Senegal.Local visits to museums, markets, religious centers, schools, and the music scene.Internships at various institutions pertaining to health, music, education, politics, environment, and more.
- Cultural exchange between study abroad students and their Senegalese peers.
- Homestay with Senegalese families that includes room and board.Participation in an international conference organized by The Dakar Institute.