|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Semester||2019||01-NOV-2018 **||Rolling Admission||03-JAN-2019||14-APR-2019|
|Year||2019-2020||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Semester||2019||01-APR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Class Status:||2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year||Minimum GPA Requirement:||2.5|
|Open to Non-UVa Students:||No||Housing:||Homestay, University dormitory|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Credit Type:||Transfer Credit|
|Tuition Payments Made To:||Program Provider||Education Abroad Advisor:||Liz Wellbeloved|
|Application Fee:||Yes||Study Abroad Administrative Fee:||Yes|
|Subject Area:||Architecture, Cultural Studies, Spanish, Urban and Environmental Planning, Urban Studies|
CIEE Global Architecture + Design Program in Barcelona, Spain
Imagine working with leading architecture and design experts and innovators to complete a real-world design project. Study with the latest thinkers and practitioners to gain an understanding of architecture and design within an emerging global context. Pursue hands-on design work in a state-of-the-art studio using the latest technology to address an aspect of the current global environmental crisis. And observe 2,000 years of architectural history up close at historical and current architectural sites throughout Spain – all with CIEE.
Study abroad in Barcelona and you'll:
- Take part in the Future Cities Design Studio, which features an interdisciplinary perspective
- Conceive and execute design projects in studio space located at the Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) in the 22 area of Barcelona
- Use the FabLab facilities at the IAAC, a cutting-edge education and research academic institution dedicated to the development of architecture that meets the challenges of the 21st century
- Take field trips to San Sebastián and Bilbao, and see recently completed buildings by international architects, or explore sites like the Moorish palace of the Alhambra in Granada or the Jürgen Meyer's Metropol Parasol, a contemporary addition to the city of Seville, to see the translation of designs from the page to real life
- Explore sites like the Moorish palace of the Alhambra in Granada and the Jürgen Meyer's Metropol Parasol, a contemporary addition to the city of Seville, to see the translation of designs from the page to real life
- Visit leading architectural firms in Barcelona
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.